April 08, 2009

What's on the needles

OK, I haven't completely abandoned my knitting - on the contrary, I am knitting many things at once in these days.



Cloud Borelo
Pattern: Cloud Bolero by Ysolda Teague (Ravelry Linked)
Yarn: Sundara Yarn Aran Silky Merino in Black over Violet, 1.6 skein
Needles: US size 11



I should credit my mom for taking this picture, although I specifically instructed her what to take. This borelo is supposed to be very short sleeved, but I made it longer - thought it is more practical. The yarn is just beautiful, looks much darker violet in reality.
Mod: For under-arm (side body), instead of CO additional stitches, I gradually increased to make it fit better.




Ishbel
Pattern: Ishbel by Ysolda Teague
Yarn: Sundara Yarn Fingering Silky Merino in Flaming Flamingo, 1 skein
Needles: US size 6


It seems I have a serious thing about Ysolda's designs and Sundara's yarn! The photo looks purplish, but it is pink/orange color. It is going to be a triangluar shawl for myself when it is done.




Socks
This is another work in progress - my first sock project. I know, I used to be one of those people who wonder "why do you want to knit socks when you can buy a pair for a few bucks?". But somewhere along the line, the idea of knitting a pair of socks with beautiful yarn started to grow on me...
This yarn I am knitting with is the one I dyed back in last summer in NY. I actually like it a lot.

I am about to start a few more projects. Every day is still an exciting discovery process.

No comments: