December 02, 2011

Still doing what I am doing


Hi dear friends!  It's been a while since I last posted here.  Those of you who are on Facebook should know that I am still alive - yes, I am.

It's been just so busy both at work and at home, that I hardly had time to think about what to write.  Besides, something is wrong with my camera that I cannot upload photos.  I am trying to make it a rule to add at least one photo.

So here it is - if you remember about my weekly weaving lessons, this is how it ended up.  The first project - a scarf - has finally been done.  It's pretty colorful and cute, which makes me thrilled.
It is 100% hand made.  My teacher had dyed the wool with all natural ingredients, I carded the wool and spun the yarn, then I weaved the yarn with handmade tools.  The whole experience was totally exhilarating.

I will post some photos of the finished project soon.

No comments: