July 10, 2010

Jen


Jen by Kim Harvreaves
Yarn: Madelinetosh Pashmina in Mineral, 1.5 skein
Needles: US5 (3.75mm) US2 1/2(3mm)
Size: M

Please excuse me for a vacant expression on my face.  I finished this sweater a while ago and it's so far has been my absolute favorite.  The color is very beautiful.  
Pashmina from Madelinetosh became my #1 favorite yarn.  It's soft and elastic, very easy to knit with. I had 3 skeins so I am searching for a good 1.5 skein project with sport weight yarn.
I usually choose XS or S for myself, but this time I went up a size or two and picked size M.  Because the yarn is so elastic, the button bands would not stay put and closed if I pull them too much.  Glad about my choice.


The gold buttons are from a local craft shop.  It's an old mama-papa type of tiny shop, and what I love about it is that they've got all those semi-antique buttons.  You can imagine, not many people go in and buy buttons from them, so the boxes are there forever.  They've got some of the intricate plastic buttons that we don't see any more in big chain craft stores.

Anyway, that's it!

No comments: