September 29, 2011

SAW Class II - Joy of Intention

Joy of Intention was a new class taught by Alena Hennessy.  She paints with lots of nature-inspired motifs, tranquil and feminine.  She is such a sweetheart and totally cute.
We started out by relaxing outdoors with some exercise and sketches, focusing on intentions and what brings us joy and so on. Then we moved back to the studio.


When I started working on my piece, I had completely forgotten about the "intentions" I sketched.  I am not sure how my piece ended up being a ship sailing out.  Perhaps it was a subliminal thing.
The thing is, I am not very good at creating something out of elaborate "intentions".  I just draw something that comes to my mind.
All in all, I am pretty satisfied with how it ended up.  The whole surface is covered by various patterns in gold, if you look closer (I know, you can't, but if you do).
Here are the pieces of my classmates - each so unique and beautiful!
At the end of the class, everyone presented her work.  It was amazing how each piece was personal and meaningful.


Alena's work.  So pretty!  Wish I could make something like these.

No comments: