December 07, 2008

Dinner

I have been cooking more these days, partly because I bought a new cooking pot. But somehow, I suddenly realized I don't mind spending some extra time for preparing food. Believe me, I can cook. I just usually don't. Why people wear a  surprising look when I say this??

So finally, I bought a french cooking pot - Staub. I just LOVE how it looks, and how it transformed my tiny kitchen into what looks more professional :) Here is the first dinner I cooked 2 weeks ago, mustard flavor mutton, "agnello alla senape" according to the book.
It's 20 cm in diameter, a bit small, but come to think of it, my kitchen is smaller than my sofa.
Dinner2 Dinner1

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Mustard Speaking of mustard, I bought a big jar of mustard at a neighborhood supermarket, a mustard called Pommery.  You sometimes see this mustard at french bistros, and I had so curious so I just had to try it.  It's sealed with bee's wax.  I had no idea how to open it, it took me about half an hour before I finally smelled the fragrant vinegar from inside.  OK, it was totally worth it.  Eaten with leftover Pot au Feu, it tasted superb.
Grilled ChickenThis is my dinner tonight. Bon apetite!

No comments: