May 30, 2011

Peonies and flowers and pastels

Peonies, along with camellias, are one of my most favorite flowers (my least favorites are tulips and lilies ... it's got to be something to do with their shapes and smells).  Peonies can be found in most florists in Japan right now, and I discovered that a big portion of them are grown in the northern part of Japan.  It's not for eating, so I don't have to worry about the radiation and such.  Besides, they are full of dreams and faeries.
I love drawing very complicated flowers with simple lines.  I think this has been my style since long time ago.
Let me show off some of the gifts I received for my birthday this year.  Above, a preserved rose (I don't know how you call it - the flower is not dry, but won't fade), and below, a beautiful pottery bowl (the color is pale royal blue, not gray).
There is something about these beautiful colors - sending me a vibe.

1 comment:

Lucie said...

the pottery bowl is so lovely and elegant.