June 05, 2011

Folded

Taken photos of the finished sweater (by my sister) yesterday.  I really like it. The color is pretty in person, and the alpaca/merino yarn is comfy.  It even obscures many errors I made.
Pattern: Folded by Veera Välimäki 
Yarn: Madelinetosh Eyre Light (fingering weight, Merino/Silk/Alpaca) in Fragrant colorway, 1.85 skeins (approx.860 yards)
Needles: US 6 (4.0mm) Circular/DPNs
Size made: S (2nd smallest, and it turned out a bit too loose)
Mods: Skipped one last increase round on torso. Added 2 extra rows of stockinette and 1 purl row to the neck line before binding off.  Made sleeves shorter.

I am also half done with the yellow tank.  It's such a fun pattern to knit, so one panel was knit up quickly.... then I found...
Do you recognize the left side cable just beside the bottom of the "V" is wrong?  I didn't realize this error until I had spread it on the floor and stared at it for a couple of minutes.  Wish I didn't notice it (because now I am going to have to fix it.)

Also, I am totally pretending that one fact has not yet crossed my mind - the fact that this yellow color may not look great on me.  It's such a cute sunny yellow, don't get me wrong, the color itself is fine.
But anyway, I really enjoy knitting this piece, so I guess it's alright!

No comments: