May 10, 2009

Sock Hop




This is my Sunday accomplishment.  I recently bought a few skeins of handspun yarn online, and because they were so beautiful, I could not resist to start a project as soon as possible.  This is a photo of the yarn I am talking about:

Sock Hop yarn by Crown Mountain Yarn 



So beautiful, aren't they?

I started my first sock project some time ago, but I guess I have chosen the wrong design because I am not making much of  a progress with it.  So this time, I decided to go for a very simple rib sock design, starting from toe.   I used this pattern, and modified a bit as I went.  It is so much fun! 

So, now I can proudly say, "I can knit a sock!!!!"

I usually prefer semi-solid colorways, rather than mixed colors.  But these days, I became attracted to handspun yarn more and more, and I guess my taste for yarn started to change.

Other projects currently underway:

(1) Featherweight Cardigan



This is going to be a light-weight simple cardigan for spring~autumn.  Knitting with a very thin yarn (sock yarn, Dream in Color Smooshy in Happy Forest), it is going to take a loooooong time.  I am already getting a bit tired of it...

(2) Green Gables cotton sweater



A short-sleeved cotton sweater in bright pink (Brown Sheep Yarn Cotton Fleece in Provincial Pink).  The color is very pretty, and it's already half done.  It's just this is another very plain knitting, and I am getting a bit tired...

Some FOs (Finished Objects):

Simple Textured Shawl 

Yarn: Sundara Aran Silky Merino in Black over Violet, 2 Skeins (approx 400 yards)
Pattern: Simple Textured Shawl Recipe on Ravelry 



Ishbel Shawl

Yarn: Sundara Fingering Silky Merino in Flaming Flamingo, Approx 330 yards
Pattern: Ishbel by Ysolda Teague 



Last but not least, Henley Perfected sweater

Yarn: Beaverslide Dry Goods light sport weight Heather Rose
Pattern: Henley Perfected by Connie Chang 



It took about 4 months to knit this sweater.  I am so glad it is done!




No comments: