March 15, 2010

Cardigans and more knitting

I finished a couple of things during the past week and started even more.

The finished photo of the vest I was making before.
Marigold in Green - Raveled Here
_0014976

I only used 2 skeins of sport merino yarn, and the result is incredible!

Diminishing Rib Cardigan -  Raveled Here

Used 5.4 skeins of Madelinetosh Eyre (about 650 yards of worsted weight yarn) and followed the pattern for size XS as exactly as instructed (almost... I missed some parts, like somehow lost one stitch somewhere and had to add it back later).

It's a beautiful yarn, and I am very glad about the color/yarn/pattern combination.

I made a mistake when doing the Bind Off - I somehow screwed up and did purl BO for the knit stitches, & vice versa. But I don't hate the result so I decided to leave it there.

I am thinking about adding buttons for the front closure.

_0014995

Lavender by Kim Hargreaves - Raveled Here

One of my most favorite patterns from the book Breeze.  I wonder why not many people have knit it.  We can hardly find any finished photo on Ravelry.  The yarn I chose (Rowan Felted Tweed in silver grey) which is slightly thinner than the gauge, so I am knitting size S instead of XS.  So far, I love the tweedy lace touch.

The bottom lace pattern was SOOOOOO HARD TO MEMORIZE!  I tried to draw a chart but failed.  I still don't get it after knitting it for 11 repeats.

_0015001

Abalone - Cardigan/Gillet - Raveled Here

It seems gillet (vest) is in fashion this spring season.

I saw many people's FO (finished objects) and decided that it would look best if we choose the colors that matches with what you are going to wear underneath.  If you wear grey or white, whitish colors go well, if you wear black, black or dark grey would be nice.  I decided that I will wear either grey T-shirts or a white blouse, so I picked pale pale lilac.

It's pretty easy to knit, except, you don't understand what you are doing until you reach around the arms.
I still have to knit the arm and front edges.

_0014998

Scroll Lace Scarf - Raveled Here

Another project is a small scarf for spring.  A fellow Raveler had done a marvelous job with one skein of silk sport yarn, which inspired me to use up this left-over yarn.  Hope I have enough yarn!  The lace pattern is very easy to remember and interesting construction.  Genius!

_0014996

Citrus - Raveled Here

This is for my mom's birthday -  I have a brooch from Etsy in matching color, and it looks so so lovely together.  I cannot wait to give it to her.  Just in case my mom may see it, I am not going to post a photo here.

No comments: