January 05, 2012

Hats & Hats

I am a hat knitter this winter.

I've made 4 so far, two of them are gifted, one kept, one still on the needles. 4 hat projects are in queue.

I don't seem to be able to maintain my concentration long enough to knit a sweater these days. Hats are perfect, I only have to remember which row I am at. No "left body" or "right body", no "I've increased 3 times so far" to remember.

This green beret was gifted to my dear friend and colleague. Design is from Ysolda. I've made several projects of her design, but this one is my absolute favorite.
I loved it so much that I made another one in white almost right away.

The below, Christopher hat by Jane Richmond, was also a very simple pattern yet fun. The only drawback is that you have to knit twice as much in order to make it reversible. But it turned out well, and was well received by another friend.


Other projects in queue are:

Feather in Your Cap by Amy Christoffers

Secondly, Neep Heid by Kate Davies. The one I've made for myself a few years ago was kidnapped by my mom.  So I picked up 2 sets of colors to knit 2 more. Hopefully.

image: Kate Davies
http://textisles.com/designs/neep-heid/
Also, Little Things by Veera.  It's already in flight.
Image:Veera Välimäki
http://www.rainknitwear.com/

Somehow, this list of hats reminded me of a hatter in my hometown named "helmets".  I thought it was a very cute name of a shop.


Last but not least, this is the handmade scarf which was finished in December.  I am very happy about it, and already onto the next project.




No comments: