April 28, 2010

Some updates - a shrine visit

I have been pretty busy with things these days. For example, the last weekend was the first weekend in a long while that I went out for errands on both Saturday and Sunday. Usually, I stay either day completely at home, trying to survive on stale snacks and frozen bread. The weather is getting nicer, and my health is improving, so I can manage it these days.

Over the past weekends, I watched Alice in the Wonderland and Clash of the Titans both in 3D. I intend to write about them separately.

Sunday was the first shrine visit for my niece. I didn't know, but it seems that in Japan, people bring their newborn babies to local shrines for getting a good wish, within a month to a few months time. The day was beautiful, and a good fortune day by Japanese calendar, so the shrine was really crowded. The ceremony, which lasted about 45 minutes, was REALLY interesting. The small room was packed with families and babies, and one by one the babies started to cry. No one knew whether they can step out or not, so we just endure those crying babies and could not really pay any attention to the priest. (Wonderfully, my niece did not cry at all, only a small yelp.)
Also, we had to sit on the floor in Japanese style, and when we had to stand up to receive a token (something that we keep at home for god's protection), everyone's legs had gone numb and people could not stand up (:D). So funny.
It was like a comedy movie scene.

These days a friend of mine and I try to listen to all the best albums in the 70s and the 80s and onwards. I may write about those one of those days.

No comments: