August 07, 2011

Knitting

My last post for tonight.  I have been very busy, because in addition to trying to read a lot, I have been trying to knit a lot, too.  Little time left for output...

As I have written some time ago, a beloved knit wear designer, veera, is letting me test-knit her new sweater.  This is the sweater and her blog.
I really love her design.  It's warm and simple and full of Nordic feeling.



This yarn looks pretty black, but it's actually a very very dark and deep navy with hints of blue and brown.

The other project is a Mystery KAL (knit-along) shawl, organized and designed by a celebrity knitter Westknits. Mystery, because you don't know how the project will look like until you complete it.  A clue is given every week.  Below is my version of the first clue.  I picked 3 colors, red-purple (Dahlia), pale blue-gray (Morning Dove), and sand/green (Cove) in Madelinetosh sock yarn.
So far, it looks incredibly pretty.


Lastly, this is going to be my new cardigan for the end of summer.  Fushia is my favorite color, along with blue green and mustard yellow.



No comments: