October 31, 2010

Hooray!


I am done!  Finished this cardigan in 3 weeks, and I am very happy :)

Pattern: Hooray by veera, test knitting so the pattern has not been published yet
Yarn: Madelinetosh Tosh Merino DK, Denim, 4.5 skeins (about 1,025 yards)
Needles: 4.5mm and 4mm, US 6 & 7, circulars and DPNs

Mods: 
(1) I did I-cord BO all around the front, and the cuffs. 
 Coincidentally, other test-knitter Larisa has done the same, I did not realize until later.
(2) Added 3 stitches under arms.


The buttons are temporary.  I am looking for gold buttons, instead of silver.

So, I am happily went back to my previous almost-finishing project.  Now I am binding off the edges, and, for the first time, using "crocheted BO" technique.  It's interesting, easy, and quite fun.


The color is hard to capture.  It's actually russet red / brown and beautiful.

4 comments:

Shelly said...

It's beautiful!!

Meri said...

Thank you Shelly! Eventually I picked a completely different kind of buttons for it :)

Retta said...

I love it! I can't believe you did that in three weeks. Wow.

Meri said...

Thanks, Retta! I really worked hard on this :)